Professional Image, Inc., is seeking a pressman for our Tulsa, Oklahoma facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in folding carton manufacturing.
Our company has two brands operating under the same roof. Professional Image provides custom packaging to larger national clients and aspecialtybox.com offers pre-designed (stock) packaging solutions for chocolate shops, bakeries, event planners, and more.
We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is an ideal role to invest your talents into as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
- Ability to operate a XL105 UV Press.
- Must be highly reliable and follow strict production timelines.
- Communicate effectively.
- Must be willing to learn about the company’s specialized business processes and procedures.
- Professional Image will train candidates on the use of other supporting production equipment.
- Strive to meet or exceed customer expectations in product quality and service.
- Set up, adjust, and operate offset printing presses to print on various paper types and weights.
- Develop and maintain the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of the material being printed.
- Make adjustments, clean, and lubricate press to achieve successful printing operation.
- Lift and carry supplies, operate pallet jack.
- Assist in establishing and sustaining a clean, safe and well organized printing department. Lead by example.
- Determine housekeeping goals/objectives/procedures for printing department operations.
- Resolve technical problems with presses, inks, and other solutions as necessary.
- Perform all daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance for presses and other pressroom equipment in compliance with either manufacturer’s suggestions or printing department’s determined schedule.
- Perform LEAN and attend L10 Meetings weekly, which may alter work hours to attend meetings on site or off site.
- Ensure corrective/preventive actions are implemented for internal and external customer complaints.
- Inform supervisor of the need of materials, inks, and other supplies for the pressroom.
- Inspect work in progress and finished materials to ensure the quality standards and color and registration accuracy of printing is being maintained.
- Calling attention of any problems with equipment to supervisor.
- Perform other related jobs within the department as required.
- Follow safety regulations including the safe use of chemicals related to the printing process
- Medical, prescription, and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation time
- Opportunity for advancement